Thursday, May 13, 2010

Presenting at the Oak Ridge District Office of the Holston Conference

Today I had the privilege of speaking to a great group of pastors. I was invited to the ministers' meeting of the Oak Ridge District of the Holston Conference of the United Methodist Church. (That's a mouthful isn't it? :-)

These terrific folks sat through my presentation on working with people who are poor. They paid attention and asked relevant questions. Parking lot feedback and emails have all been positive. How cool is that?

The talk was drawn on my years of experience. Most of you know I worked with a homeless shelter in NC. I also worked in the soup line that served both street people and homeless. Of course, I was also on the outreach team for the domestic  violence shelter and volunteered with the sexual assault program - and this was before founding Hope for Healing.Org! 


It was a terrific meeting. Many thanks to the Oak Ridge District for inviting me. May God always bless your ministries!

C-ya online,

Gayle

Bookmark and Share

No comments: