- Single women and families may prefer a room that is closer to the front desk. These may be safer and can be more conveniently located to the hotel amenities that are offered.
- Make a reservation. It doesn’t matter if you are considering vacation packages or just traveling through an area it is important to make reservations. This will prevent you from being unable to secure a room at your destination.
- When you check in to a motel the desk clerk should never announce your room number. You should always feel free to request another room if this happens.
- Hotels with interior corridors are more secure than rooms with outside entrances.
- Be sure to use any deadbolts or latches that are provided with your room.
- Park in a well lighted area. Try to stay away from trees and shrubbery.
- Electronic key cards are better than room keys. If they are accidentally lost your room number will not be exposed.
Sunday, June 06, 2010
Summer Vacation Travel Tips
Many people will be traveling this summer. To help our budget go a little further some of us will be looking for cheap airline tickets and destinations that offer value. No matter where you are traveling it’s important to be aware of your surroundings. These safety tips may help you have a better vacation.